Saturday, November 29, 2008

More snatch

I hit 125lbs x 3 earlier in the week.

So obviously I have to go for 135lbs x 3, or a new PR or something.

I hit 125lbs x3 again, not clean, but did. Then I went for 135lbs x 3. Lost is forward on the first rep. Then two good reps, then I came short/weak on the pull on rep four.
so, 135lbs x 2. New PR.

I tried to hit 145lbs, but my ass wasn't havin it. Didn't try the third pull at all.

So in review; Good week. Losing weight/fat, hitting PRs almost every day. IF ain't so bad.


Black Friday Snatch from Full Circle on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Meade Skelton Haufe said...

Hello,
I'm tryin' to lose more weight. I am 5'10 and 1/2 and currently 238 lbs. I have already lost 60 lbs but am at a plateau. My idea weight I believe is about 190 lbs because I am already a 36" waist. I do use 25 lbs free weights 3 x a day. What else should I be doing? I ride my bike an hour each day too. Should I eat 6 small meals a day? Also do I have to give up sweet tea? Put me in code I'm ready to play!

Jason Struck, CSCS RKC said...

first;

that's an amazing success story right there... 60lbs is nothing to sneeze at.

Second, if you are accurate in what you are describing, you workout out 28 times a week... this can't be right, right? If it is, that's the first problem.

Exercise doesn't have to be long to be effective. It needs to be intense; that word is relative.

some great resources...

http://journal.crossfit.com/2002/10/what-is-fitness-by-greg-glassm.tpl

that's a free PDF from Crossfit explaining why we believe variety and intensity gives you strength, power and endurance, as well as metabolic health.

Meade Skelton Haufe said...

Thanks, and thanks for the information. I don't believe I "work out" rather exercise, but I have done most of that in the summer. I lose most of my weight over the summer- about 20 lbs or so. But then by fall seem to taper off. Does this have to do with loseing water and salt through sweating more in the warmer weather? I will check out the link
Thanks.

Jason Struck, CSCS RKC said...

please do