Friday, August 1, 2008

Intermittent Fasting Paleo Zone

You ever think that we make eating right too complex?

I am going to start a little diet experiment;
Using a modified Alternate Day Fasting regimen (ADF) with a macro nutrient balance typical of the Zone (on crossfit). I will choose predominantly foods that are 'Paleo' friendly.

I am making a lot of my own choices (x2 fat, using milk, tweaking feeding times), so I will catalogue it as thoroughly as I can.

Have any of you guys tried any type of Intermittent Fasting protocols?

Share results/links in the comments section.

I think that I will try this starting Monday, after a trip or two to the grocery store this weekend.

The basic plan is to eat about 150% of what I am 'supposed to' on A days, and then about 30% on B days. You'll notice, there's a general 10% deficit.
I did Zone pretty strict before, for about 6 weeks, and lost about 7 pounds, leaning out a little. I liked it over all. This is averaging about the same caloric intake. I find the monotony of always being a little hungry the hardest part about 'dieting' and this isn't a diet so much as an alternative eating pattern intended as a system for the long term...

We'll see!

2 comments:

Victor Jonsson said...

Sounds like a good plan. That's exactly what I'm going to try myself. Somekind of IF and Paleo (mostly) combo.

Good luck

-V

Jason Struck, CSCS RKC said...

I am most of the way through my first 'fast' day.

A little weird. I am told you get used to it.

I had a hard time eating all the blocks I was supposed to yesterday. Ending the day sort of 'force feeding'.