Monday, June 22, 2009

Steak/Claim

That steak is mine.

Last night Stephanie and I made Ribeyes. Damn. I had been reading up on barbeque and there's frequent mention of brining to ensure moisture retention.
I don't know if it was the brine marinade, the fat content/marbling, the low-slow-mid rare temp or what, but holy shit! That was like meat-butter in my mouth.

Now, onto the real point. Inspired by some sort of Jon Gilson-Melissa/Dallas triangle, I decided to 'stake my claim' on the 603 website. So now it's on the line...

Here's what I said:

LTG:
1000lb CFT (currently 809lbs)
3xBW DL (~2.6x)
250lbs C&J (195lbs)
185lbs+ Snatch (145lbs)
50 pull ups (30)
30 Muscle Ups for time sub 5 minutes (?)

FREESTANDING PARALLETTE HANDSTAND
The snatch and the HSPU totally captivate my imagination and attention right now, and have for quite a few weeks. Maybe months.

I propose the following WOD:

"Diane of the Beast"

DL 2xBW
Freestanding Parallette Handstand Push Up
for 12-9-6 reps for time

I say I will be able to do in under 10 minutes within a year. How's that for a claim?

Actually, I think that's some pretty bold shit. But you've seen me; I've been working like mad on the HSPU and the Snatch lately. I'd like to be good at Fran and crap like that too, but not as much as I want to be a circus freak. We'll see how that all goes.

I will leave you with one of my favourite scenes from the Simpsons (paraphrased due to memory):

Marge: "You know Homer, you don't have to run off and join the carnival simply because the opportunity presents itself."
Homer: "You know Marge, in a lot of ways you and I are two very different people..."

No comments: