Monday, September 21, 2009

Paleo Recipes

I am seriously considering making homemade mayonnaise...

anyways, I was REALLY HAPPY with some recent dishes I will share the basic idea with you;

Caballeros Meatballs
1 pound of bison 'chuck'
1/2 lb of Chorizo (faith farms in GreenBay Va)
1/4 large red onion, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
tsp onion powder
1 whole egg (faith farms, green bay VA) beaten
chopped fresh cilantro, a small handful

mash 'em all up, wad into 1-1/2" balls
bake at 350 for about 20 minutes on each side
makes about 10 meatballs, and two or three are filling!
for zoners, I'd estimate that the these are 1 block Carb, 3 blocks protein and 6-7 blocks fat EACH

I didn't do this sauce, but I wish I had...
would be rad with Sour Cream, but good with Mayo base:

2-3 TBS of Mayo (kewpie?)
2-3 cups of raw clinatro
blend... drizzle on meatballs

they need something, or otherwise they will seem a little dry

No comments: